Dan Ionescu Architects & Planners has been designing exceptional custom homes since 1982. DIAP has extensive experience, versatility, and a strong commitment to client relationships. DIAP will listen and work with you to design a home that fits your unique lifestyle, desires, and dreams.
Whether a new home, addition, remodel, or interior design project, DIAP will find the best solutions to meet your needs.
- due diligence
- feasibility studies
- site planning
- new homes
- historic preservation
- in-law units
- work/live units
- lofts & penthouses
- interior design
- noise control & acoustics
- seismic upgrades
- permit procedures
The Phases of Residential Development
The Master Plan
Review the site:
- Discuss short and long term needs and goals.
- Review existing property, buildings and surrounding area(s).
- Discuss local planning and building regulations.
- Review existing drawings, information and documentation.
- Collect and/or create basic background drawings and other material (reports, as-built-drawings, etc.).
- Feasibility study (sketches and diagrams)
- Asset management strategy
- Phasing and options
- Master Plan - Final Report
Our analysis will offer recommendations for incorporating all results into the project's design as we move on to the planning department approvals.
Planning Department Approvals:
- Selected option(s) design and submission / presentation drawings and documents
- Monitor and manage the city Planning Department's process and procedures
- Deliver the project Entitlements
*Entitlements: Our firm understands that the entitlement process is a critical aspect of any project. At DIAP, the process includes developing a cost effective design for our clients that addresses zoning regulations, municipal codes, and any neighborhood council / community groups requirements. DIAP is able to leverage its experience and relationships to produce a desirable outcome for all parties involved. Our main goal is get your project approved in an effective and timely manner; all while staying in budget and nurturing positive relationships for future opportunities.
Building Department Approvals:
- Create the Building Permit submission package.
- Manage and coordinate the consultants team.
- Deliver the project Building Permit.
Construction Management (CM)
- Subcontractors bidding.
- Manage, coordinate and administer the construction activities and subcontractors.
- Deliver the final building(s).
To discover what DIAP can do for your home, call us at 650.570.6681.